Wednesday, 1 January 2020

October, November, December 2019

Another three months have moved along and again I got lost/busy/forgot and so on, no keeping track of craft projects or how the garden is moving along.

Sewing -- I made Miss M and Miss E Christmas themed dresses, using up as much stashed fabric as possible, only had to buy a small piece to finish Miss M's.

Miss M, Grumpy Cat fabric because she can pull that exact same face.

Miss E's a vintage style print for her dress.
The pattern I used is one I have made for myself and it offers toddler to adult sizes, yay, and it is so simple and quick to make.  I think the girls will have more of this style made for them each christmas.

Sunday, 29 December 2019

Make Nine Challenge 2019

I finished all nine projects and only changed one of my original options.  No. 2 I needed a dress not a top.


Crop shirt from stashed fabric.

Denim dress needed for a night out.
Rather than the whole dress, lengthened bodice to make a top.
Whoops sideways, Temperature Quilt.
Hand knitted pullover in 8ply cotton blend.
Quilt top for charity quilt.
Fitted wide legged pants.
Hand knitted socks.

Fitted 3/4 pants in linen blend fabric.
So now onto organizing my to do's for 2020 challenge.  It will again be a mix of projects.

Sunday, 6 October 2019

July, August, September

It is about time to add what the past three months have achieved.


Two pair of socks, I find that sitting and doing socks is relaxing and a portable craft.  I have another pair on the go now for a friend who is quite happy to have multi coloured socks, using up more of my leftover sock yarns.
Socks for myself (Hedgehog Fibres Sock Yarn)
Made up from leftovers for my sister.
The wrap was a trial knit of this pattern, one glaring mistake in the grey section, no way was I going to unknit to correct it,  really love how this has turned out.
Superb FairyWren, by Georgie Nicolson.

I have a knit down top hibernating for now, the days got hot very quickly and it is too uncomfortable to knit now.  The yellow socks and shawl were displayed during the craft group's quilt show.  The show was a great success we had over 500 attendees and were able to donate $4500 to Ipswich Hospice.

This dress I made for the opening night of the craft show, fabric used is tencel, pattern from New Look easy range.
 A white top for summer, Butterick  Fast & Easy pattern, fabric has pintucks and lace inserts.  This pattern was a tunic which I shortened both the length and sleeves.  I really don't feel comfortable in long tops.
With Christmas just around the corner I have just completed this top from a dottie angel Simplicity pattern.  The main fabric has very tiny red stars and I made the pockets and ties from a more traditional xmas print.
During September the group took a bus trip to Toowoomba for a quilt show and had lunch in one of the beautiful parks, it was a terrific day and I thoroughly enjoyed the outing.  Purchased this frankie and ray pattern (because there is still room in my pattern box).  I am too lazy to make my own pattern or adapt something similar, really like the boxy sleeves on this one, looks like I could be making  these up for non-sewers as well, all liked the look.