Tuesday, 27 June 2017

Outdoor Bistro Setting

Over the past month I had been working away at this project

weather worn, dirty and rusty
 First had to take it apart.  The cast iron was sanded and sent away for a two pack coating in gloss black.
before sanding
after sanding
 This took many days of work, I hand sanded the whole lot, when I finished that part, then I washed with a deck cleaner.  Wow what a difference doing that made, the wood look almost like new.
Looking almost new.


Now I have a new looking outdoor setting, but when I move this will have to be my dining table for a little while.  I don't think it is going to be very good for sewing projects thought.


Thursday, 8 June 2017

Sewing Corner

It is time I updated what has been happening in the sewing corner.

Completed the May and June projects over at HMFMay was a small zippered (Sweet Pea) pouch, well that caused lots of angst for us, me included, take a long zipper, remove one side and put the slide back in place (easy peasy, yeh right), a few inappropriate words were said.

I used a square from this fabric, which was cut in half cornerwise, making outer and inner pieces for pouch.

Robert Kaufman, The Culture Club's, Dutch Cottage.
The finished pouch, not perfect but good enough.
June's project no zip involved was much easier, especially if you follow the instructions, which was not my strong area.  The mitt had many Unique Design Features, not my term just borrowing it.
Spot the errors mitt.
For my ever expanding wardrobe I made this raglan sleeve top from my op shop fabric.  Fits well and I am very pleased how it looks when wearing it. 

These postcards and card are from my swap partner, I  really enjoyed  looking through the brochures I received.