Monday, 31 July 2017

Beach Walks and Sewing Corner

A month since my last post, where did it go?  I know packing and finalising my life in the Wide Bay area.

I have taken to walking on the beach 2 or 3 times each week, it helps clear away the cobwebs that keep settling in my brain, and the exercise doesn't go astray either, have put on many kilos (stress eating--too much sugar). 

 Mind your step, erosion eating away at this entry point, there is a complete ramp further along, but I use this one, closest to where I park my car.
Endless blue, ocean  and sky, goes on forever, was a really fine warm autumn day when I took these photos.
Plenty of drifts of broken shells.
Growing up top.
Thought this was the best fishing trolley ever, a great way to carry everything you need.

Now to my sewing.  July's Project over at HMF was a market tote.  I made mine using calico and a piece leftover from my skirt (more later).  This was a great little project and am very pleased with the end result, here I have packed my library books into it. 

I made a skirt with the orange/raspberry fabric (bought at $3/m).  This skirt has 8 panels and 8 godets with an elastic waistband, one reason why I look for very bargain basement suitable fabric, it takes nearly 4m of fabric. 

Two weeks left now till the big move.  I am starting a new blog about my life there and keep this one for my crafting projects.  The header photo is one take a few years ago during a spectacular sunset.


6 comments:

  1. Oh I love your skirt. And such a good price at $3 per meter.
    I hope your move will be a smooth one.
    I already subscribed to your new blog. I couldn't find a 'follow' button there, perhaps it's because the blog is on Wordpress? I'm not familiar with that platform.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your library bag and colour choice. I'm sure it will get a lot of use.
    I've just visited your new blog.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, I saw a similar fishing caddy in Caloundra. Such a good idea. Love your bag and skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh Deb, I have only just caught up with your posts since my last comment back in April. I am so sorry that things are so hard for you at the moment. Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh!!! I loooove the ocean! Your photos makes me wish I was there. I had a great vacation in Cape Cod this year and wish I could live there. The market bag looks great and so does the skirt. I made one skirt for me last month. It's the first skirt I ever made and I hope to make more. Have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am now your newest follower! Thanks for the great posts.

    ReplyDelete